- Read for at least 15 minutes a day, recording this at least 4 times a week in your reading record using your reading bookmark.
- Play Garage/ Studio at least 5 minutes a day on Times Table Rockstars to practice your times tables.
If you have any concerns or questions about the homework please contact me.
When you listen to your child read, there are a number of things to remember:
- Make it fun! Use different voices and take it in turns read to each other. Children should try to read every day for 15 minutes and ideally 3 times a week with an adult.
- Ask questions about the text, the characters, the plot, the setting, the style of writing, and the words. Anything to get them to think about what they are reading and to consider the deeper messages hidden in the subtext – use the questions on their reading bookmark to help you. There are also some questions on the Bethany homework tab which may help.
- Read a wide range of writing – from comics to newspapers, poetry to plays, novels to Pokémon cards, and even just menus and signs when you are out and about!
- Look up individual words in a dictionary together to find out what they mean.
- Be a good role model for reading. This is the perfect excuse to curl up on the sofa, forget the chores, and read a good book yourself!
Recommended Reading List for Year 4: