St Robert Southwell Catholic Primary School strives to comply fully with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means that:
- we process data lawfully, fairly and transparently;
- we only collect data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- data is limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
- data is accurate and kept up to date;
- data is held securely and only retained for as long as is necessary for the reasons it was collected.
The GDPR also gives individuals better control over their personal data. Individuals have the right:
- to be informed about how their data is used;
- to have access to their data;
- to rectify incorrect information;
- to have their data erased;
- to restrict how their data is used;
- to move their data from one organisation to another;
- to object to their data being used at all.
You can read our privacy notice for pupils by clicking below. This explains the range of data that we collect about children, why we need it and how it is used.